Reiki / Light Touch Therapy
Reiki with “Light Touch” combo is increasingly used in medical treatment programs to reduce symptoms, improve coping, and enhance quality of life. Many patients use therapeutic massage to improve symptom control and their personal sense of wellbeing. Patients who are suffering from Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, Traumatic Brain Injury, Post-concussion syndrome, Seizures, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and Cancer can benefit from Light Touch Therapy.
Variations of massage, including Reiki, light touch, and foot, are shown to largely affect the reduction of anxiety, depression and pain.
What Is Reiki / Light Touch Therapy?
Reiki is a non-invasive therapy centered around passing subtle energy from one being to another in order to promote wellbeing. Variety of pressure, tissue manipulation, and quickness of movement are all used.
Reiki therapy taps into the infinite supply of healing energy in our universe. It transfers it to others by laying their hands directly or slightly above areas of the body. These regions usually include the head, shoulders, stomach, and feet, which absorb energy into the body’s chakras.
Reiki light touch does not require any equipment. It can be performed on those lying down, sitting up or standing, and through clothing. It helps to relieve tension, anxiety, and fear. Response to Reiki treatments vary from person to person, but most experience a deep feeling of relaxation and peace. Some people fall asleep during treatment, and awaken refreshed. Scientific evidence has proven that Reiki minimizes symptoms of illnesses and improves quality of life.
Trigger-point therapy: consists of stretching the myofascial tissue through sustained specific contact with pressure points, which helps to release tension and pain. Myotherapy is the diffusion of trigger points in muscles and the retraining of muscles to relieve pain. Trigger points are usually found in tight bands of muscle, which may radiate pain to other areas of the body. For instance, relieving a tense trigger point in the back could help to ease pain in the shoulder or to reduce headaches.
Shiatsu, meaning “finger pressure,” is a Japanese massage. It is a form of physical manipulation of acupuncture points and meridians, which channel vital energy. Working on the same principle as acupuncture, practitioners apply pressure to key points known as tsubos (Chinese acupuncture points) on the surface of the body to stimulate the flow of energy, called ki (qi or chi in Chinese).
The ki flows in meridians beneath the skin. The practitioner works with fingers, thumbs, elbows, knees, and feet along the meridians to remove ki blockages or overactivity (called jitsu), to restore areas of ki depletion (called kyo), and to stretch and mobilize limbs to facilitate the flow of ki. Tui na is a similar system derived from Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Thai massage (nuad borarn), is an ancient bodywork system designed to unblock trapped energy and to improve vitality by applying pressure along the meridian channels.
Is Reiki Therapy Effective?
Reiki therapy is effective in relieving the following:
- Alzheimer's disease. Developing research suggests that Reiki therapy can improve memory and decrease behavior problems in people with mild Alzheimer's disease.
- Pain related to cancer or other conditions such as Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, Traumatic Brain Injury, Post-concussion syndrome, Seizures, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease. There is some evidence that therapeutic touch, such as Reiki therapy, can produce short-term pain relief and improve quality of life in people with cancer.
- Pain after hysterectomy. Early research shows that Reiki therapy, in addition to normal care, can reduce pain and anxiety in women after a hysterectomy.
- Fatigue related to cancer or other conditions. Some studies show that Reiki therapy can reduce fatigue and improve quality of life in patients undergoing cancer treatment.
- Stress. Some college students report that Reiki therapy can reduce stress.
- Stroke recovery. Developing research shows that Reiki therapy, in addition to usual rehabilitation, does not significantly improve stroke recovery
How Does Reiki Therapy Work?
Reiki therapy originated from Buddhist monks. “Rei” means “universal spirit” and “ki” means “life energy.” Therefore, Reiki literally means “universal life energy.” Reiki is referred to as an “energy medicine” therapy because practitioners believe that it can improve the flow and balance of energy. It is believed that energy imbalances or disturbances result in disease.
People undergoing Reiki therapy sometimes can experience tingling sensations, sleepiness, or relaxation. People with pain, nausea, or fatigue sometimes experience relief of these symptoms.
Are There Any Safety Concerns With Reiki Therapy?
Reiki therapy appears to be safe when used appropriately. However, it should not be considered appropriate as a substitute for usual medical treatments. Reiki therapy has not been associated with any side effects.
Are There Any Interactions With Medications?
It is not known if this treatment interacts with any medicines.
Before using this treatment, talk with your health professional if you take any medications.
Are There Any Interations With Herbs & Supplements?
There are no known interactions with herbs and supplements.
THC’s Reiki Light Touch Therapy Is A Combination Of Many Different Types Of Therapy:
Bioenergy Therapy, Biofield Energy Therapy, Buddhist Reiki, Énergie Universelle de Vie, Energy Health, Energy Medicine, Energy Work, Healing Touch, Japanese Reiki, Médecine Énergétique, Ray-kee, Reiki, Reiki Japonais, Reiki Therapie, Reiki Touch Therapy, Terapia Reiki, Therapeutic Touch, Thérapie Manuelle Énergétique, Thérapie par le Toucher, Touch Therapy, Toucher Guérisseur, Toucher Thérapeutique, Universal Life Energy.
Minute Menu Options
All options include a light to medium touch to hands, feet and head. While Reiki therapy and The Art of Healing flows from head to toe patient enjoys either “Build Your Own” menu the pre selected “Combos”. The “Build Your Own” allows you to select how much time you want Hands Feet and/or Head messages. 30 minutes 45 minutes or 60 minute options ALL include Light Touch Therapy.
Pre-Selected Combos & BUILD YOUR OWN LIGHT TOUCH THERAPY Sessions
30 Minute Session
- $55One 30-Minute Session
- "10min-10min-10min“ (Head Hands Feet), divided evenly or as you choose
45 Minute Session
- $75One 45-Minute Session
- "15min-15min-15min“ (Head Hands Feet), divided evenly or as you choose
60 Minute Session
- $95One 60-Minute Session
- "20min-20min-20min" (Head Hands Feet), divided evenly or as you choose
Your feet will be soaked in warm cleansing water, as a blanket is placed over your clothed body to begin your relaxing session. Feet, Hands and Head (cranial technique applied) are tenderly physically worked on, as the whole body receives healing Reiki light simultaneously. Next, the energetic body is ‘ cleaned’ by a high vibrational energy-releasing therapy (The Art of Healing), which works to help remove negative energy and unblock stagnant emotional patterns no longer needed. A deepened sense of peace may be felt throughout the body as the treatment continues. Tender music and aromatherapy oils are incorporated into each session in order to heighten vibration and help open healing channels to their fullest. Many patients enjoy this wonderful meditative relaxed state, while their physical and spiritual body feels calm, relaxed and freed from unneeded drama and trauma. Most sessions last 60 minutes.
THC’s reiki master’s customize each treatment with essential oils that may benefit patient’s conditions and symptoms.
Traumatic Brain Injury - TBI
- Lavender Oil: Has anti-inflammatory characteristics and will help to reduce pain and stiffness. Massage directly onto affected area.
- Peppermint Oil: Has anti-inflammatory characteristics. When Lavender and Peppermint essential oils are mixed, the blend creates an anti-inflammatory synergy that brings down pain levels and helps to reduce chronic fatigue.
- Thyme Oil: Combine with a carrier oil like Sweet Almond oil- creates great pain relief. Simply apply directly to the areas of pain. The essential oil of thyme blends well with the essential oils of Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lavender, Rosemary and Pine.
- Rosemary, fennel, sage, eucalyptus, hyssop, camphor and spike lavender are not recommended as essential oils if you have epilepsy. This is because these essential oils may trigger seizures in some people with epilepsy.
- There are a number of essential oils that are known to have a calming and relaxing effect. If someone's seizures are triggered by stress, then using these oils to relax may help to reduce their seizures. Calming oils include: jasmine, ylang ylang, chamomile, and lavender (not spike lavender which is not recommended.)
- Essential oils of frankincense and helichrysum support the neurological system. Take 2 drops of frankincense internally 3x a day 3 weeks, then take 1 week off and repeat that cycle.
- Rub 2 drops of helichrysum to temples and neck 2x daily. Also, basil oil and cypress oil can improve circulation and muscle tone and can help reduce MS symptoms.
- Using essential oils may effectively reduce and calm some of the symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease.
- Helichrysum and Frankincense Oil: Has shown to reduce inflammation of the brain.
- Vetiver Oil: Has been found to reduce tremors. Rub 2 drops frankincense, helichrysum and vetiver oil on the temples and neck 2x daily or put 2 drops of frankincense on the roof of the mouth.
- Jasmine, chamomile, thyme and cinnamon essential oils are significantly potent against Breast Cancer cell lines. These oils can be applied topically, ingested with food or water in most cases, or diffused into a vapor for inhalation.
- Jasmine - A combination of jasmine essential oil’s properties make it an ideal tool for inducing long, restful, and undisturbed sleep. Its behavior as an expectorant, sedative, and antispasmodic combine to create the best situation for falling asleep and staying asleep for the entire night.
- Chamomile - Known for its calming benefits, chamomile oil has long served as an effective treatment for other serious conditions like inflammation, muscle spasms, migraine headaches, upset stomach and flatulence, fungi, and parasites among others. Chamomile is a powerful antioxidant as well.
- Thyme - Stimulates circulation, digestion, nervous responses and the secretion of hormones, thereby stimulating the whole metabolism. The essential oil of thyme blends well with the essential oils of Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lavender, Rosemary and Pine.
- Frankincense oil can help to support the immune system, and has been shown in some cases to kill cancer cells. Rub frankincense essential oil on your neck three times daily. Also, drink three drops in 8 ounces of water three times daily.